What to Pack
Some suggestions and reminders on what you might want to bring, and some things you definitely shouldn't bring:
Label everything you bring: shoes, towels, clothing, flashlights, musical instruments, sunglasses, books, water bottles, everything! Check the Lost & Found regularly. DNE takes no responsibility for items left behind.
- Cabin beds are limited and not guaranteed.
- Waterproof your tent with sealant, ground cloth, and tarp. It rains! Come prepared for some damp days
- Sleeping bag or bedding for cold weather
- A pillow!
- Floor coverings/rugs for cabins to keep out mosquitos
- Bathing suits, walking shoes, rain gear, layers of warm clothing for cool evenings
- Kneepads, dress-up outfits for themed boogies - think glittery, animalistic, playful, and/or ridiculous!
- Closed-toed shoes for kitchen & dining hall chores/work exchange are required
- Tick and bug repellent,
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, towels, earplugs, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Special diet foods (see the food section), medication
- Please be mindful - some of us are very sensitive to fragrances
- Daypack, flashlights/lanterns, extra batteries
- Money for goods and services at camp
- Writing and art supplies, toys, games, yoga mats, water bottle, sporting equipment, low-wattage or battery-operated faerie-twinkle lights, scatter rugs, fabrics to beautify cabins
- If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, please bring supplemental food
There will be (extremely) limited refrigerator space. Label and date your food!
- Please do not put whole coolers or insulated bags into the fridges!
- Do not store food in tents or cabins so as to not attract wildlife
- We love seeing photos of camp, it helps to relive fond memories. However, photography of people is prohibited without the clear, freely-given consent of all subjects in the frame.
- We suggest you bring your bicycle if you can! Helmet use for everyone is mandatory
- The roads at camp are unpaved, and many are quite rough
- As safe as you may feel in a car-free environment, bike accidents happen
- Bring 'em! Music happens everywhere. And Drums! There will be evening drum and dance fire circles. Everyone is welcome.
- Please note we do not offer protected storage for instruments
- Please bring a labeled back jack, meditation cushion, yoga bolster or anything else that helps you sit comfortably. Some of our classes involve sitting on the floor for extended periods
Please, do NOT bring drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, or pets.
DNE cannot guarantee the security of personal belongings. Please don't bring unnecessary valuables. If you bring a laptop, smartphone, valuable instruments, or any other portable computing device, etching your name on it may help it find its way back to you. There have been occasional instances of theft at camp, so think carefully about what you bring and where you keep cash and valuables.
Make sure your registration is confirmed and final balance due is paid. The status and details of your registration were emailed or mailed to you. If not sure, contact Zsuzsi via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 830-1865. Any confirmed registrations with an outstanding balance by the start of camp (August 1) may be subject to an additional 5% late fee.