Welcome Home 2021!
Welcome Home Camp ~ August 9-15, 2021 ~ Camp Timber Trails, Tolland, MA
We are so happy to be able to bring the community together this summer, where all are welcome! Below are important details about our August event, including health and safety information. Please read it carefully.
We are holding a six day event in August at Camp Timber Trails. This event is open to vaccinated and unvaccinated attendees of all ages and will have various protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. Register here!
In designing this event format and regulations, we took into account the data from the 175 community survey responses, CDC guidance, and consultation with several DNE medical professionals, as well as taking into account where the region and country is in terms of COVID numbers, vaccinations, and “opening up” policies. We are aware that the structure will not please everyone; many hours went into this decision based on the information at the present time.
Our carefully crafted policies for this event will be subject to change up to and during the event depending on a variety of factors, including COVID variant spikes, CDC guidance, etc. For example, if there is a significant spike of a new COVID variant in the USA in late July, it might become necessary for all Camp participants to wear masks indoors at the event; similarly, if numbers continue to decline and the CDC changes the guidance for unvaccinated people to wear masks indoors, that restriction might be lifted. If there is any major policy change for this event, we will offer participants who no longer wish to attend a refund.
Q: Is this our usual Dance Camp?
- DNE’s Welcome Home Camp is not Dance Camp. Dance Camp takes many months of planning, and leadership opted to wait until we were reasonably certain before committing to a community gathering.
- We know some people are unable to attend due to previous travel plans, financial issues, travel restrictions, and health concerns.
- We invite attendees to channel the collaborative spirit of early Dance New England and focus on the opportunity to connect as a community.
Q: When is the event and what will it look like?
- The event will be August 9-15th at Camp Timber Trails.
- Setup will be August 8-9th – if you’d like to join us for a day and a half of fun and help prep the site for the event, please contact email@example.com
- Registration options will be:
- All 6 nights (arrive Monday between 5-11pm or Tuesday morning 9am-1pm; leave Sunday 3pm)
- First three nights (arrive Monday between 5-11pm or Tuesday morning 9am-1pm; leave Thursday 5pm)
- Last three nights (enter Thursday between 5:00 – 11pm or Friday 9am-1pm, leave Sunday 3pm)
- NOTE: In order to minimize safety risks, individuals can only arrive during arrival periods.
|All 6 nights
||Monday Aug 9: between 5-11pm
Tuesday Aug 10: morning 9am-1pm
|Sunday Aug 15 3pm
||No Exceptions to these arrival times, to minimize safety risks
|First 3 nights
||Monday Aug 9: between 5-11pm
Tuesday Aug 10: morning 9am-1pm
|Thursday Aug 12 5pm
|Last 3 nights
||Thurs Aug 12: between 5-11pm
Fri Aug 13: 9am-1pm
|Sunday Aug 15 3pm
The event will have many Dance Camp elements:
- Favorite classes from DNE teachers
- Nightly boogies with DNE DJs
- Swimming at the Waterfront
- Three meals a day plus snacks prepared by DNE cooks (led by returning head chef, Kale)
- Up to 6 days to connect with your beloved community
Q: That sounds like Dance Camp! How is this event different?
- We expect this will be a pared-down version of Dance Camp, with less programming and more opportunities for community connection
- We are planning for a smaller event with fewer attendees
Q: What about YPP and the Teen Program?
- We are thrilled to be able to offer a trimmed down but still fabulous Young People’s Program (YPP) at Welcome Home Camp! YPP will be in session from 12:45-5:45, allowing parents to attend both the early and late afternoon programming slots. YPP will be for kids for kids ages 3-12 (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about options for under 3). Thank you to Daniel Greenberg who is returning to run this program along with several wonderful YPP staff members, as well as the many families who already registered making this addition possible!
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
We recognize there is nothing we can do that is 100% risk free. We recognize that vaccination status can be controversial in our community. Some people would prefer a vaccinated-only camp; others would like no restrictions; still others are somewhere in between. We know that some people cannot get vaccinated (children under 12, and some adults for medical reasons) and others choose not to; and that vaccines are not available yet in all countries where some of our community members live. As noted by the CDC, the risk of vaccinated people contracting COVID is very low, but not impossible.
The health and safety policy is intended to enable unvaccinated individuals to attend the event in a way that will keep them and other people safe. It is guided by current CDC principles for what is safest and for protecting those at risk. Every registrant will be required to sign DNE’s updated health and safety statement during the online registration process. Please see policy details on our website.
Q: What is the policy around vaccinations for attendees?
- Attendees of this event have two options
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two weeks since your last required shot)
- Submit photo of vaccine card by Aug 1, or:
- If unvaccinated:
- Submit results from a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival at the event
- Agree to self-quarantine (for protocols see CDC FAQS) between taking the test and arriving at the event, including taking reasonable precautions while traveling to the event
- Agree to wear masks in all indoor spaces as well as any close physical contact activities (e.g. outdoor contact improv class)
- Additionally, unvaccinated people are required to stay on campus until leaving the event, as a safety precaution since there won’t be adequate time to get retested before returning to CTT
- Additionally, all attendees will be required to wear wristbands indicating their vaccine status and personal space preferences
- This enables those who are at higher risk to navigate others who are at risk as easily as possible.
Q: What is the cabin situation?
- As usual, we encourage everyone who is able to tent to do so
- Cabins will be assigned and first come, first serve (though we expect to have enough space for anyone wanting a bed)
- We will clump people together based on each person’s preferences regarding vaccination status.
Q: What is the refund policy for this event?
- If we change the guidelines for this event and a registrant no longer wants to attend based on these changes, we will honor a full refund with notification within 7 days of the policy change announcement
- If DNE needs to cancel someone’s registration for any reason, we will refund them the full amount
- Otherwise, refunds will not be offered for this event
- If there are extenuating circumstances, they will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Q: What happens if someone has COVID symptoms before or during the event?
- Your health is our priority and we want anyone who is not feeling well to stay home.
- Anyone with COVID symptoms in the 14 days before the event should not attend.
- It is critical that individuals do not attend this event while they are ill and/or experiencing the following symptoms: fever, cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.
- Anyone with COVID symptoms during the event will need to return home immediately.
- In order to minimize community risk, we ask everyone on-site to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of infectious disease by reporting any symptoms, frequent handwashing, and disclosing any symptoms.
Everyone will be required to sign DNE’s health agreement (text below) during online registration.
Dance New England Health Agreement for COVID-19
COVID-19 is a highly contagious viral illness that easily spreads through contact with others. Having those with symptoms or who are sick stay home from camp is one of the best defenses against community spread. This document is not a substitute for medical advice. If you have concerns about your health and COVID-19, please consult a medical provider.
I AGREE TO NOT ATTEND DNE IF I HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A positive test for COVID-19 in the two weeks leading up to my arrival
- Known exposure or close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the two weeks leading up to my arrival or while at camp (if unvaccinated)
- New, worsening or persistent cough that cannot be tied to another medical condition
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- New loss of taste or smell
I understand that other symptoms may be associated with COVID-19. Other symptoms that should also be considered when determining whether to attend camp:
- Muscle aches, chills, repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Gastrointestinal issues
I ALSO AGREE TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- To either:
- Submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination by Aug. 1 OR
- Submit a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before or upon arrival at CTT; self quarantine after taking the test until arrival at CTT; not to leave campus until leaving the event; and wear a mask in indoor spaces and any close-contact activities such as outdoor contact improv.
- Wear a registration wristband at all times
- Report any symptoms to DNE leadership during the event
- Wash my hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces, my face, or after blowing my nose or sneezing.
- Have my temperature taken upon arrival with a no-touch thermometer
||3 Day Total
||6 Day Total
|$0 – $32k
|$32k – $37k
|$37k – $42k
|$42k – $47k
|$47k – $52k
|$52k – $59k
|$59k – $66k
|$66k – $73k
|$73k – $80k
|$80k – $87k
|$87k – $95k
|$95k – $103k
|$103k – $110k
|$110k – $119k
|$119k – $127k
|$127k – $130k
|$130k – $143k
|Under 1 y.o.
First late fee deadline: July 13
Second late fee deadline: July 31
Class Descriptions and Teacher Bios